Friday, June 4, 2010

dog training can be smelly

Katie, she is such a sweetheart,
but sadly something happened in her  puppy past, before  she came to live with us.
While she is brave and so willing to please, sometimes she thinks she's in trouble when she is not
and she'll go to her bed. 

I decided to try a new technique,  it seemed reasonable enough, even though I'm not
one who agrees with the  current methods of leader of the pack , top dog  type training.

Let your dog have it's head above yours to boost confidence...hmmm, well maybe?
I'll give it a go I thought, hmm, I can't say it did much for either of us,
Kate just kept trying to get her head under mine. I have a painful neck so
I really don't want to do this unless we have some terrific response.

OK , I'll  carefully give it another go I thought , while we were outside between chores.
I worked to get my head under hers, Kate equally trying hard to do the same.
OH NO>>>> what have you been doing???
KATE...phew.......

I'll bet you can guess who both got a good bath....with some super good smelling soap!

So... if you plan on being  the submissive dog  to boost your dog's confidence,
you'd better get a good whiff of her first, is what I have to say!


  

No comments: