Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Water is your friend not food :-)

Farm funnies hubby has a voracious appetite for....INFORMATION,
well he also loves my cooking, below this story "find" a recipe for one of his favorites.
I either inherited his appetite over our 41+ years of marriage (yep,thus far we've survived the course of life with all it's ups and downs,good and well,not so good "stuff'...YAY) or perhaps since hubby is a polomer scientist,some of his scientific curiosity seeped (infiltrated) into my artistic KISS way of life by REVERSE osmosis??? (or was it my packrat/save it ...WHOA, hold them thar horses... I won't even try to go there)
Whatever !
Now I find that as health coach I am eager to learn more things to assist my clients and team of coaches.

WATER...yep we drink it (if farm funny's hubby try to "disguise it") we need it.

The hundred dollar question is....
what "kind",how much ,why, when, where,how,and ...you have to be kidding....

If you are on our full program to safely&quickly lose weight a minimum of 64 oz non caffeinated,no cal liquid ...unadulterated pure water is preferred .

The better "option" is 1/2 0z per pound of body weight...YIKES...
when on our full 5&1program I called this the camel club...
(only I don't think the camel had to have a local "powder room" as readily accessible as this grandma did)
but hey 100+lbs lost ,a not only a new lease on life,but my life changed in ways I couldn't even imagine..wow and way cool...(or do those expressions date me?)

"it" was worth it..or as a phrase that has been stuck in my head after visiting a blog I follow...WHATEVER IT TAKES...

WHATEVER IT TAKES is great story and I loved the Son's of Thunder,expect the unexpected..(farm funnies mom loves to laugh,and reading this I did :-)..)
back arrow to finish my "water" post if you decide to visit becky's life with boys at http://www.abbastories.com/

Why? to help flush out impurities. When? throughout waking hours. How? be creative,
I drink some before I eat breakfast, going out the door with the dogs,to feed Gwendolyn (who prefers to eat in the barn AWAY from the other members of our mouse patrol. Farm funnies hubby feeds them earlier ,before he hits the dusty trail to the "lab"....), I "hide" some in a cup of decaf coffee mid a.m.

On my be a better coach "journey " I just learned water has been proven to actually boost your metabolism...WHAT? reported in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology&Metabolism ,it was found that drinking water increases your metabolic rate(how fast you burn calories) to increase by a whopping ...30% ....WOW....pass the waster please.....this little gem of info was "discovered" in a booklet I have written by Greer Childers check her out at http://www.shapelysecrets.com/ if you would like to get a fun easy and great workout by simply breathing...we all breath,right" so why not learn how to do it...TaDa...RIGHT....hey just doing her ugly face exercise with your kids
could start your day with the giggles...

Have fun today,drink WATER , make an ugly face ( for us baby boomers especially,to tighten that grandma, turkey... NOT...neck area)

RECIPE: great economical meal ,good comfort food...
brown lean hamburger in a skillet (while boiling rice or potatoes,to make mashed potatoes)
drain off the grease,
add some flour (amount varies with amount of meat cooked) stir into meat,
slowly add milk...(making hamburger gravy) to serve over the potatoes or rice
complete your meal with vegetables of your choice..
fresh tomatoes from the garden and corn is readily available right now ,where I live..yumm
(if you need specific help with amounts for making the "gravy" shoot me an e-mail,I'd be happy to go into further detail for you)

p.s. and remember "water" is your friend not food...
watch this video clip from the movie nemo www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6yjT65wSQ

No comments: