Tuesday, December 29, 2009

win in 2010...and have some fun



Life's road..what kind of tracks will you make as you travel it?
Everyday that we draw breath is great...
REALLY....

I know what you're thinking, "you" don't KNOW "my" life...
Perhaps not, but believe me I've "been there and done that" in many ways...

Just a "few":
I chose to "cold turkey" withdrawl off Valium. It had been "given" to me by my Dr.
me not knowing it was addictive and would"demand" MORE to achieve the false "help" it "offered"...It did..I learned... I quit...
Nearly dying giving birth (Au natural..i.e. fully conscious and aware)

I was "kicked" out of my home when I was a young teenager,by drunken ,raging mad dad,
I did leave briefly, but miles from nowhere ,this city gal crept back home later...

My paternal grandfather,molested me when I was still a child.

I contemplated suicide numerous times during my earlier years of life.

I've made many mistakes,like we all do. Wouldn't a "do over" be helpful with gained wisdom?

I know what it is like to be without, to face angry debt collectors, to be rejected by or lied about by those who should love you and be there for you.
Homeless for a month , I lived in a camping trailer ,pregnant while my husband was in intensive care at the hospital with a serious heart condition,talk about scared.
Later my husband and I were "rejected" from receiving food assistance,when he was out of work shortly after the birth of our 1st child.

I've run a "gamut" of injuries and frightening experiences:
I've fallen into rapids, faced hungry bears, been bitten by dogs, thrown, scraped and bucked off by horses, fallen on by a horse, dragged 1/8 mile and run over by cows ,once nearly breaking my back.
I've broken bones, growth plates, torn tendon, cartilage, "enjoyed?" numerous surgeries,
survived several head injuries,fallen numerous times ,once a full story from a fire escape ladder.

I've lost precious loved ones ,as well as beloved pets.

I think you get the picture...I've really "been there ,done that",at least more than the average "joe"...
I share some of my life ... just to let you KNOW,while I may not have experienced exactly what you have or are currently facing or enduring, I've more than paid my dues to be able to say....

How we travel this road... the tracks we make on our life journey...is ultimately up to us...

Do we painfully,mournfully,self pitifully drag through ? ... OR...

Do we carpe de um ...or ,as I like to say pie a'la mode life?

Life is great...even when "bad" it is great...it depends on how you choose to view life.

Grab a mirror, take a good look at yourself,really look, deep inside.....then smile,even if you can't...( I have too)

Keep trying to smile...
I have numerous posts about smiling, rising above circumstances & events, and about getting inside yourself in order to have the courage to stand and grow ,

p.s. this post is better suited for my merryheart,but my blogs are not currently allowing me to cut and paste.
I started writing with another concept in mind but this post kind of wrote itself,
while the post is a bit heavy for farm funnies ,I didn't want to lose it...(sigh ...ok... re-write it!)
Hey, if I throw a pie at something will that "offset" the heavy subject matter? :-)

2010..It is nearly here..only you can decide what kind of a year it will be...
What do you really want it to be like?

Wouldn't it be great to enjoy the journey and have some good clean fun,as you travel ...
Here is a little challenge to get you started...
As I told one of my up line (a fellow dog and horse lover)...
Right now...stop what you are doing at your computer, kind of hang upside down like a monkey and hop around the room ,making monkey noises (to wake up the dogs,and or drive your spouse bonkers, if you are single and or alone..do this just for you!) then hop over to a window or door
and really LOOK outside , really notice the sky,the birds the ??? take a few deep breaths of fresh air if possible ( in with the good..out with the shallow stale "bad") and then go back to work...
And remember, you can have fun along the way...even the "little" stuff is good

YOUR choice...YOUR life...YOUR journey.








No comments: