Saturday, January 30, 2010

The perils of Pauline..here is your long awaited applesauce raisn bar recipe..

Pauline, I am sorry I kept you waiting so long,

When I saw you were in facebook I thought why not get your  long overdue recipie to you...

I just received a yummy best ever gingerbredman
cookie recipie from somone..I waited patiently for it too... so good things finally do come to those who wait ...and yowzers this recipie is really good..

It is one of my all time favorites and always ,always received raving reviews ,leaving me  empty handed with an empty
tray,leftovers would have been nice :-)...YUM....

Applesauce Raisin bars

heat oven to 350 degrees 

1 cup of flour
2/3 cup of sugar ( I haven't tried it,but it just occured to me brown sugar would perhaps make this even      
                           better)
1 tsp soda, 1 tsp cinn,1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8th tsp cloves
sift(or still well)the  dry ingred together..to mix spices into the flour
add;
1/4 cup of shortening(I always used butter,thank you Toffee,Daphne and Daffodill our beloved Jerseys.
1 cup of sweet applesauce( I always canned without sugar,so I used unsweetened applesauce)
1 egg.."ladies" with the feathers on..take a bow (you gals in the chicken yard , all know who you are)
1/2 cup of raisins

mix  everything together and  place in a well buttered 9x13 pan
bake 25-30 min

while still warm spread frosting on top

frosting :(this  is more glaze like,so could add 1/4-1/2 of the same recipe for a thicker frosting))
brown 2 TBSP of butter add 2 TBSP of milk,1/2 tsp of vanilla ,2cups of pwd sugar (if lumpy sift otherwise the lumps will show)

yummm....can I come over to your house for coffee AND..... :-)

No comments: