Friday, January 22, 2010

Digging..do you have the right tools for success?

Yesterday I had a shovel in hand, I needed to do some digging.
A shovel was what I needed until I hit a large root, then an axe or gubbing hoe would have allowed me to overcome that obstacle ..I stopped.

I may have stopped digging yesterday ,but I will return, I know what is needed to complete this work.
And I know the work will be finished because there is a clarity of my need.

Clarity of your need is needed for success, no matter what it is you want to accomplish
There are many kinds of success.

A shovel,pick axe or grubbing hoe would most definitely not be helpful in my home business.

The tools I have available for my business,thanks to Ann Sieg,Mike Klingler,Alicia Bausley and Lisa Hanfileti  would not be helpful moving that pile of dirt.

The coaching tools I am learning with Barbara Silva wouldn't move one shovel full of my outside dirt either.

So here I am I have all of these tools available to me, what do I do?

I look at the need, and I choose the correct tool...

If I use the grubbing hoe for digging I certaily could dig that hole,but it sure would take a lot longer. 
Without using a pick axe I will find digging nearly impossible , but I do need it,at least until that obstacle is removed. 
I also need to know how to use these tools.
If someone had not shown me how to use them , perhaps I could have figured out how to use them on my own, but it would have taken longer,
Think about it, unless you know to step on the shovel, the actually do it, your work is definitly harder.

Look at what you need to do to day, see if you have the right tools. 

Don't be afraid to ask someone to at least tell you where you can get them
( shovels are not generally  found in a grocery store, in case you hadn't noticed)

Don't be embarresssed to ask for a bit of help, even if it costs a little money for advice.
If you can't afford help, be creative, maybe you can do some swapping of some kind.
My dear friend Jeanne Warren will sometimes swap some of her work for something
she swapped me a lovely print of her paint foal painting for one of my singing canary babies.
We were both happy campers with our swap, her kids were not, man could that baby canary sing
and he did..loud and long :-)...
Jeanne's kids finally convinced her to swap him with somone for something else.
I wonder where my baby is now..I still have his joyous and proud papa.

Q. How long and how much sweat do you really want to put into digging into whatever ?
Q. How much beauty (success)can you enjoy if you "swap" or get help, or will you miss if you don't?

I'm glad I can start  work outside today knowing I need to carry an axe with me to remove a root so I can finish the work that is needed.

I'm also glad I can continue to work on my business  later, because I have some great tools to assist me,
umm lesson to self...we often learn truths when we share them don't we :-) ? ...so-o-o BETTY
stop being embarrassed about my technical obstacles and get some help to show me how to implement those tools...( I'm sure I will laugh myself silly when I see how I kept trying to use a "pick axe" in place of a "shovel" in certain  business areas ..)

Now that wasn't so very hard was it? 

Start  digging for your success..you will  undoubtably unearth great treasures  along the way.

p.s.Make sure you can trust anyone giving advice, you sure don't want to be whacked by a shovel ..
also even if you trust this person,perhaps they aren't the right "one" at this time..it happens
(check out my death of a texas donut 6/5/08 post..some people simply won't help you even though they have the goods)

pp.s. I'm sure this post has some spelling errors, my apologies, I still haven't been able to find that elusive spell checker in theis great new blogging post format.

No comments: