Friday, January 11, 2008

Roo and Katie's Liz

My goodness I couldn't walk fast enough for Katie the other evening ,when it was her turn to see Liz. As we walked through the doors of the nursing home, Ed was close to the door, he was delighted to get to see"Kate" again. Though I don't think Ed is seeing very well now, Ed seemed to do lots of "seeing" with his hands, oh how he loved to feel Kate...the feeling was mutual ,as Katie loves petting.
I had gone early this particular evening ,so just sat on a couch arm while Ed told Katie some secret codes and things only he and perhaps Kate understood. I added I did when my opinion was asked for. Katie whined,she wanted to see Liz, plus she was in a hurry,thus she was not giving one of her best performance of heeling as she hurried to Liz,with me kind of flying along behind. Not only did she rush in , she was not waiting on ceremonies as she promptly jumped on Liz's bed w/o an invite. Being on Liz's bed is okay if Liz is wanting the little miss bed baby to come up. I have a policy no "sharing" of anything even a nosey nose reaching for an unsolicited pet from anyone unless you are invited. I guess my teenage "gal" was just too impatient this evening. Liz was delighted this time (occasionally she doesn't want Kate on the bed) and just called Katie her miss nosey girl, of course Kate becomes Liz's girl while we are there, but I'm not jealous...(I try not to think I'm going to see Liz when I leave with either Dog so they don't feel left behind (they do get jealous) One"fine" day I was rather energetic,or just plain wacko as I took all three dogs. My Liz was ever so delighted, I didn't tell her I had anyone else with me,just brought them in one at a time,even Casper my son's white boxer so each "trip" she was delighted.,it was fun,but oh my goodness..one dog a day is plenty!!...There are a couple of other patients that are delighted to see the "pups" of course. Last Wed. even got to help Liz's roommate feel better, she was "hauled" back into the room as Kate was snuggling under Liz's consoling pats,and you're my girl aren't you Kate, this young gal had been told she was going home,and then evidently after some test or something,the paper work hadn't gone through,and thus she was not going to go home until the next day (I know she'd been there over a month,recovering ,since Kate had made friends with her before Christ-mas. The gal was crying as she was brought in,understandably I would have too,had i been promised I was going home then had a paper snag keep me a minute longer than necessary. A friend trying to console her noticed Kate, there's a dog on Liz's bed she exclaimed , of course with all the commotion, Kate was trying to figure out what was going on, and so I pulled back the curtain between the beds, Kate took that as a cue and went over to lend her condolences and give a her healing "nose" and loving eyes for comfort. The crying stopped as the gal was delighted to see Kate again, another heart warmed and comforted, and Kate our little Angel of mercy was ready to go home now... Ok Katie, I will will try to let you come more often so you won't drag me through the hall !!1(that or else we need to practice some heeling and such)

OK mush you "huskies" (actually all dogs are dozing (one little Missy keeps sneaking onto the sofa, a big no no if not invited...kids or dogs always testing to see what they can get away with !!!) good girl Kate, your "blankie" is fine...

No comments: