Sunday, May 31, 2009

National Donut Day '09 and free donuts?...

Time to make the donuts....

Yep it is THAT time again...National Donut Day, is this coming Friday...read all about this holiday when you click on my own farm funnies link to an older post that shares one of our yummy donut recipes...

National Donut Day

or read about my search for a TEXAS donut in my post...
Death of the Texas donut

No time to make a donut?
Then bundle up the family and head out to your local dunkin donut or krispie kreme,

I believe they are giving a free donut per customer on National donut day...perhaps other donut shops are too.


Even better, do like me, sign up for Ed Chastain's newsletter, wow! he will mail you one of his
donut recipes... want to watch him make donuts?

click on his YouTube - Donut Recipe
I loved to watch him make donuts so much I actually bought his donut course..

(well I did have a "hidden" agenda, while I can make a pretty "mean" donut.
I really wanted to "revive" a REAL Texas donut for our family for Christmas, (umm tradition ! alas none could be found, so I will have to learn how to make one),

Right now a number of family members are gettin' SKINNY, so donuts are low priority...until
goals are met...THEN watch out, since all of us have discovered the "secret" to maintaining weight loss ...:-)

Now find a good donut , somewhere on National donut day , dunk it in a cup of coffee ,while you say a prayer for the Salvation Army, AND our service guys and gals...


















go to

No comments: