Saturday, March 20, 2010

almost cornbread... glute free,low carb,high fiber&omega 3..flaxseed biscuits

Recipie is below  farm funnies story...

Oh mama dear ...see here, see hear, our mittens we have found..
WHAT ?  found your mittens you darling little kittens...
Farm funnies mom will make some pie...

Well ,I didn't make any pie, but I did make a delightful
new  biscut recipie for breakfast .. it calls for  something that is very good for us..
FLAX seed..yep and what a fun way to use them .
These treasures are high in fiber,omega 3 and WOW low in carbs

So what does this mean?  It means if you are not in the middle of
our 5&1  (what farm funnies mom and pop used for our amazing weight loss journey  that was fast,safe,easy,physician apporoved  to get  us >>>>>THERE<<<<<  YAY !  )
then this is something you could enjoy, just like us :-) ...
I will be sharing more yummy,healthy recipies..that PASS
the farm funnies "gantlet"  test, so you better get on my list :-)

Anyways...THIS recipie MADE it....
It made a really decent low carb  biscuit to go  along with our farm fresh eggs.
 
Perhaps if you are really good, you might even be able to enjoy some of our fresh churned butter from one of our sweet Jersey cows, well I confess we are cow less right now..so you'll have to settle for real butter from the store, just like we did...

Using butter  would depend on how you wanted to spend your
calories...or what extra activities you wanted to do to use up any excess calories...
farm funnies mom and pop worked outside today moving some corral panels , pop fixed our lawnmower and mom mowed..
( Good thing he was gone when I ran across an old buried cable, and killed the engine..
umm I was suppose to only mow the front yard until he returned, since the battery was not working well..sigh

I jacked the mower up  (praying I could get it all done before he came back from town, I never enjoy the I told you so's) I got some cable cutters and viola' set 'er free, but I couldn't get the mower to start so we had to push it (again) to one of our cars for a JUMP. hubby said why did you do that..umm duh..because I wanted to get stuck and crawl on the ground to get the cable out of the blades..why else?  ( I didn't tell him about when I was mowing beside the house where the ground was soft and going down a small hill  and I got stuck and  kind of stepped of while holding the seat down so the engine wouldn't get "killed" again to lighten it enough to get it unstuck and it nearly took of with out me..YIKES...life is never dull here on the farm. 
That's how we were able to have spend some  extra calories today,now what about you?
 It is your choice after all...so as Yoda would say...master Luke...choose wisely :-).....
I think these little kittens are choosing some warm milk, don't you?..

I tried these biscuits ..some with  butter,  some with  honey, and last but not least..
for old times sake I crumbled one up  into a glass and added some milk...YUM...very close to my favorite cornbread recipie..( the recipie I make isn't the light fluffy one, I like the dense stick to your ribs kind)

heat your oven to 350 degreees...
use your coffee grinder to grind up a little over 1 cup of flax seeds into a fine meal
you will need 2 cups of  meal

add 1 Tbsp of alumaninum free baking powder and 1 tsp iodized sea salt
add 2 pkts( the small ones you use for coffee) of stevia 
5 farm fresh  eggs (ok, ok I guess store bought eggs would work :-)
1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup  of  cold pressed olive oil
stir this all together and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
spread it out to form a rectangle, but not to the edges, you don't want it too thin..
eyeball it so you will be able to get 12 nice biscuts.  bake 20 min ,cut into 12 biscuts..YUM

12 biscuts,185 cal each   6 gms protein, 5g fiber..only .7 gms of effective carbs

No comments: