Sunday, January 10, 2010

me ,my "mouse"..NOW then,what egg is in your house ?

It was all quiet this brand new year morn
I was feeling happy and yet a bit forlorn

I thot how quiet ,all others were still sound asleep
for me , even those "pesky" counting sheep...

so here I am awake early while all is quiet within this house
no creature is stirring but me and my "mouse"

My mouse doth protest this early morning ruse
and "squeaks" vehemently, early a.m. abuse
rest.. rest... it shrillingly declares...
my head agrees with early a.m. pre caffeine bugged eyed glares

yet the caffeine, with ibuprofen to calm the headache "parade"
has kicked in,preventing sleep, and creating weird poem tirades..

alas and alack is their any hope ?
perhaps I'll desist writing and google visit twitter or snopes...

oh dear twitter and snopes must now wait for me
all have awaken, breakfast is "due" is their a.m. plea

eggs(big or small? I ask),sausage,toast and cereal is "for" breakfast, of course
headache still "attached"...sleep I cry inward, but without remorse

because while at times it can be trying, this course , my life
we grow, I discover,under big or small stuff or strife
so head up ,shoulders back, a "wee"tug on those boot straps
a good look at today's & tomorrows "goals" there's no excuse
for even fleeting looks back...

join me , my blogging "friend"...go, win, conquer,subdue
I Know you can do "it" I believe in YOU....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(those eggs are for real. The brown ones are the creative "work' of our
happy Rhode island red hens, those whopping big blue ones?? ... give up?
Why they were "gifts"
from my precious swan "babies"...we have a "pair" which I am thinking is actually two pens
no I didn't make that up. Girl swans are called a pen , the fellas? cobs.What about the babies? signets, of course. Yes the eggs taste good, in fact yummy.







No comments: