Saturday, January 23, 2010

Watch your communication...or Prepare to dish up,MORE cornmeal gravy... .

>>>>My apologies,I had to change the title to this post, evidently it, or my whole post, had something someone else wanted,because they hijacked it...the "bootleggers" linked my post wto there website and got a bad "mark" saying it was unsafe... but it is not this post or my blog,that is unsafe...it is THEM the varmits who stole from me.  So if you saw something attatched to farmfunnies with a warning pleas read a bit farther to see where the actual link is going to.<<<<<<<
========================================================================
 You  never know what is around the corner.

At our 1st annual marketingmerge event (also known as RenPro) we were encouraged to look for solutions to problems, to not give up when we hit what appears to be a brick wall. If you hang in there, you can become a problem solver, a solution provider. Then give back and also  share with others.

The good Book says ..as you give ,so shall you receive. 
Do unto others as you would have them do to you
and one I also know to be true, you can't out give God. 
Many very wealthy unbelieving  people know this is a  basic truth( umm try..universal law, like gravity)
 they  know it "pays" to  give generously to various charities.

I'll share a  great family story which is a good example of using a problem to create a solution then getting unexpected and overwhelming results.

Farm funnies hubby's mom once created a wonderful meal that had everyone begging for more.

The family was tired and hungry they'd  worked hard all day in the fields picking beans ,just to survive.
The family was  living in a tent ,at the time, in a camp for migrant workers.
(I remember working in the fields sometimes  to help our family too, though my parents let us keep what we earned, hubby's family could not.)

Mom said to her hungry brood, "I don't have anything to cook for supper".
Dad asked if she wanted him to go to town and get something,

Mom said" get whatever you want"..Dad repeated "what do you want me to get"?
Dad was getting a bit annoyed that mom didn't give him a list.
Mom again repeated ,"just  get whatever you want".

Mom was tired ,still busy caring for the needs of the kids,she didn't care  what Dad brought home ,as long as it was food to feed the  clamoring kids.

Dad, somewhat miffed, went to the store and brought back a 2 qt bottle of beer, that was it.
When Dad came home,Mom asked what he'd brought home for super , he held up his bottle of beer.

Mom yelled "WHAT"..Dad  grumbled "you told me to get what I wanted, and this is what I wanted."
Mom  upest with him asked "what am I going to feed the kids"?
Dad just looked at her and shrugged his shoulders.

Mom looked into her meager supplies to see what on earth she could manage to feed their hungry kids.
All she had was some bacon grease and some cornmeal..

Mom (one of the best cooks I ever knew, by the way) made what else, cornmeal gravy. 
Mom dished it up for the hungry kids. 
She didn't put out a plate for Dad , telling him,in no uncertain terms.. "you HAVE what you want". 

While the kids were enjoying their meal,  and Dad his,the family living in the tent next to them, came over to their outdoor  wood plank  table ,saying "man that smells good ,what is it?"
Dad ,to annoy Mom ,said "it's cornmeal gravy,come on over and have some".

Mom glaring at Dad,made another batch of cornmeal gravy. 
The "guest" said "this is great "  yelling to others in the camp,"you  all  gotta come and try this".

Before poor .tired Mom knew what was happening half of people in the camp(about 40-50 people) had  lined up for some of her cornmeal gravy.

Lesson...keep the communication lines open and make sure what you want or need is made  clear (clarity)
Take stock of what you have, don't get frustrated,  just be creative ,using what resources you have.

Be  ready and open for  something new...and then stand by for resluts and unexpected results (growth)
Then take what you make or create ,giving  value and  sharing  with others
(I'll be politically un -correct and say if you want to eat, then WORK for your supper.
Don't expect others to take care of you..by this I am not saying don't accept help if your really need it, I've recieved government food and it sure was a blessing at the time..but here is the deal...use what God gave you to use..for that matter if you are "stuck"  right now deal with it,(make cornmeal gravy) move on and become the best..
my favorite chinese proverb, he who aims for the moon and stars may hit a tree, but he who aims at a tree,never gets off the ground..ok I"m off my nanny state soapbox :-)

Below is an almost unbelievable video showing how even animals can learn new things
and how they also share what they learn with others.The good book says learn from the animals..maybe that's why farm funnies mom has so many critters,she knows she has lots to learn :-)
  >>>>>> if you skip to the link be sure to hit your back arrow to return here and finish reading<<<<

I am so thankful for those who have shared so much with me.

My first thanks goes to my moms mom, my wonderful patient, praying ,sharing ,giving Grandmother.
I shudder to think where our family would have been without her, I like to think her prayers are still
surrounding us with her pleas for our protection .

Next would be my own mom, she was and still is amazing, few would believe what she has endured
for her faith in God, what an example of God's love in the midst of earthly hell.
I can't begin to think of how thankful I am for my husband and friend of over 40 years,through thick and thin.

Many thanks to our health and weight loss coach. Lisa Castro.
 Dr.Wayne Anderson Dan Bell,Brian Drollinger and Nancy and Terri Pettit, I can't imagine what life would be like without  them paving the way for success in so many areas of our lives.
Here is a link to a booklet with some of their testimonies  (hubby and myself are in it too)

Of course thanks to all of my  great new Ren Pro friends ...
Ann Sieg look what you started., my goodness I can hardly believe this myself.

Because of you I met Alicia Bausley and her wonderful husband Ben ,her partner Lisa and husband Peter. Next I was blessed to be able to meet Mike Kligler, my coaching cognition coach
Barbara Silvia,which  led to  meeting more friends , 3 wonderful peer coaches to work with ,
then wonders never cease..I have help available, in a step by step format,  to  assist me with  continued growth in this once terrifying world...COMPUTORS...YIKES...sigh "hug"...
( hugs only after I bonk it a few times when it 'eats" another post...)

I will soon be swimming  like these dolphins in my new  on-line world..

Then before you know it I'll learn to make  those" rings" , running circles around  others with the best of them..  FUN...  http://youtube.com/watch?v=wuVgXJ55G6Y

No comments: