Monday, January 18, 2010

The Blues Brothers...at it again..."singing" the blues


Roo, our rescue ranger..yes he rescued our oldest grandchild when he fell into deep water.
Roo truly is our hero, even if he doesn't have a medal.

Roo loves to "sing" the blues.
However, I think Roo  has recently  decided to join me on my coaching cognition quest, I started in  our marketingmerge group.

Why do I think that, you ask?

It's all about listening.
Evidently Roo  already has  good coaching skills ... he has developed LISTENING skills to a science.. and with evidently very keen ears, I might add...
BECAUSE when Roo hears a siren, our distant neighbors dogs bark or any other chosen reason
he not only  pours out his heart and soul , he has  successfully coached the "gang", hearing whatever they even seem to wonder about  and has  assisted  them in voicing such  thoughts and wonderings.

As we are learning with Barbara in our coaching cognition class, a  good coach will hear what is even softly spoken, or is  even  "tossed" out.

Roo  tonight, hearing  a  "toss away" sniffled .gloomy ,woofly protest from both Kate and Annie ,  proceded to coach them . They are now passionately in touch with their inner selves, and have chosen to adhear to their core values and  let it all out,set to canine "music".
----( I  had locked the canine crew in  the kennel ,  while doing  evening critter care.
One look at a couple of my loyal resident mousers suggested they would feel much better (hey, I think my coaching skills are becoming finer tuned too.)  The cats sensed I didn't have time to keep track of the  canine crew tonight if they  wouldn't "hang' with me. I heard and I assisted my fluffies  in acheiving their goal..dogs locked up.

The blues "brothers"  includes not only Kate and Annie , Roo has successfully "coached" a   pair of our nene's... evidently Roo he has instintively listened to their
inner musical passions too , because he sure has helped bring the musical qualities  out of all of them.

If we lived MUCH farther away from our neighbors, I might (briefly) find this  evenings blues rendition humerous, or   even the times when the howling  is syncronized melodically with wailing sirens.

However, I am a firm believer in no nonsense barking (or howling) when within hearing distance of others.
I feel it is an imposition to our neighbors who can't really do much about it..especially if they happen to have a headache. Ditto for my "enough already hollers" yikes...

Just for "fun" here is how "singing" the blues went down tonight...ready?

distant woofing as our  neighbor dogs excitedly were chasing balls and frizbees,
Home "barking" MOM,hey something is going on, let us loose, we need to be sure you are ok.
Mom (me) far away yelling, (that's enough, stop it guys).
Neighbors "woof woof,hey this is a great ball" ...
 "BARK BARK"  goe the blues "brothers"we want to have fun too, "BARK" we mean it, "Bark,bark" let us out, we  ummm protest"..and umm LOUDLY...
mom (Stop it! ....now!)
"Bark,bark ", really, not fair, we'll be good... ummm... here kitty kitty(hope mom didn't hear that)
mom (I said enough!)
"HOWL",not fair, nobody(Meaning meanie .. mom) loves us...,
"whine"..it's just plain not fair "whine"
mom "enough, already"
"honk,  honk, honk, honk, honk, honk" nene's telling the whole world.. something is going down...we better tell mom...
"shrieeeek " bobby red tail   taking wing, sails off from his hunting tree limb, shriekings as he soars overhead, hey... this sounds interesting,maybe the blues brothers will  scare up some grub..
 "grackle,grunk,srucnkke greekkk" ,   the biggest blues brother ,grandpa bluesfeather, protesting...how is a fella suppose to settle down for some sleep with all of this going on? as he  disgruntledly  flapps  off departing  from his favorite bedtime roost, in a nearby tree...

critter care is finished,dogs go inside  with mom to eat dinner, before night patrol duties start.
Thankfully they are quiet at night...unless there is a real need.
(read my 9/12/07 post for more about grandpa bluesfeather)

sigh, another quiet night down home on the farm...all is well with the world...
(apologies if there are mispelled words, I just changed my posting  "editor" and I haven't been able to locate a spell checker..better ,is not always better is it?

No comments: