Saturday, December 20, 2008

Time to make the donuts & Cherry Danish to die for


Yep, it's a snow day here at farmfunnies
That definitely qualifies for homemade donuts..
(scroll to an older post for a yummy donut recipe,
anyone out there want a melt in your mouth Krisp'Krem ' donut recipe?
E-mail and ask me for it. and I will share.
Guess what, I didn't make donuts today!
I have been busy doing some last minute Christmas crafts instead and...
=oh no= looking for those Christmas stockings..
I've been officially told they need to be found...Really I've looked everywhere
I know they are in a good easy to find place, I remember last Christmas putting them where they could be easily found for this year.
Since the snow is piling up and I promised my client Carole,who has become a dear friend
I would share my wonderful Cherry danish recipe with her, I thought I would meander to my farmfunnies blog and would share it with all of you , too! Merry Christmas
Cherry Danish, to die for
I like to make things from scratch
so here is my version:
placed in order in your bread maker
3/4 c 110 degree water
1 tsp salt
1/2 c sug
2 eggs
1/2 c butter (cut in small chunks)
4 c flour (note, be sure your machine can handle this much
if not cut the recipe in half, I have a zojurushi machine that
allows me to make 100% whole wheat (yep I grind it myself) bread
most machines cannot handle a heavy or big load)
2 pkts of yeast
let your machine mix, knead,and rise your dough while you play with the grand kids
or throw a snowball at your husband, or take out some bird food for the little cold birds in
your yard.
This dough is good for dinner rolls, crescent rolls or Ta Da..our danish
(you could do this an easier way if you insist, and purchase 2 tubes of crescent roll dough,but that's cheating :-) )
Butter a 10x15 jelly roll pan ( I use a sheet cake pan)
roll out 1/2 of dough and place in bottom of pan
spread with :
Cheese mixture
Beat 16 oz cream cheese
1/2 c sug
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
drop Tbsp's of cherry pie filling over cheese mixture ( 2 cans)
carefully spread over cheese mixture
roll out other half of dough and carefully roll onto rolling pin ,lift and roll
over the filling
brush with mixture of 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp of water
bake 30 min 350 degree's
spread glaze over top
1 cup pwd sug,1 tsp vanilla and enough warm water to make a med thick (yet very spreadable)
glaze, let cool
Talk about COOL, my dear hubby just made me a banana creme shake with snow,(about 2 cups of packed snow,dry, less snow if wet..or crushed ice works too..,1/2 to 1 cup of water,and one of our shake pkts)
oh my is it yummy, and it is legal for those of you following the 5&1, if you are in maintenance and like to have a healthy quick snack using one of our meals, add a banana (cut in chunks) mm mm mmm... ,hubby made himself a strawberry one...isn't he sweet, now if he'd used his noodle a tad this eve, he'd made this strawberry,snow loving gal a strawberry one,to be romantic?? WHY??
well ...we met and fell in love working in a strawberry patch over 40 yrs ago :-)
Oh OH Oh talking about snow, I have to share this
I had challenged Carole to a snowball fight, it didn't work out
guess who I heard was throwing snowballs at her Grand kids and even helped
them build a snow fort. Jean, and only 3 months ago she was barely able to walk to her mailbox.. GO JEAN, so proud of this spicy gal, she has lost her weight slower than most people
but she has been been so faithful to continue to do her 5&1 , and now she is reaping the benefits of a better quality of life, hearing this snowball fight story literally made my day.. WOW..
How about you, do you know anyone who would like to enjoy life again? I'm ever so grateful
my hubby had us do the program for a months trial..
I would love to assist someone you love to reach their optimal health goals and my services are FREE..
Merry Christmas, now go make a snowman(or my fabulous Cherry danish,yum...)
(head over to my Merryheart blog if you want to see my clown face :-) I'm head there to write a post now)

No comments: