Wednesday, February 27, 2008

English Toffee for Christmas


MERRY CHRISTMAS


I know it is only February, but I just found a recipe for English Toffee that I keep losing, and it is one that sounds good and I would like to make it....so I thought TA DA why not share it with you and then hopefully I will be able to find it , in time for Christmas 2008 !!!!
In the meantime here is a photo of some scrumptious looking home made chocolates I made for a gift basket I created as a Valentine treat. This was for a drawing ,I did for my clients...........hey and these were sugar free ,no cal, zero carb and 100% program compliant............., one could be free to enjoy them every day and still lose weight ...ya can't get much better than that !!!! ( a gal named Pam was the winner of this basket of goodies)
ENGLISH TOFFEE
3/4 lb butter, 1/3 cup water, 2 cups sugar, 1/4 tsp salt , cook to 238 o pour onto buttered wax paper
melt 1 pound of chocolate..... spread 1/2 of the chocolate on the toffee then sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped toasted almonds... while still slightly warm, flip the toffee and repeat with the chocolate and almonds ..cool and break into pieces....


No comments: