Sunday, January 20, 2008

Making a memory









Toasty warm thoughts










Today I chose some warm and toasty socks, taking a break ,it's time for ........



Ruminating... these very socks remind me of so much.



How did I come by these you may wonder??



In my Christ-mas stocking year 2006 were these very special socks.

My 5 year old critter loving gandson ,only 5 years old, picked these out for me.

Notice the zebra stripes. A zebra is one of his favorite animals...I don't think I've ever told him ,that as a child I too ,wished for a zebra . I wanted to be one in heart and ride across the savannah....Well , I confess, this is the closest his grandma has been to a zebra. Years later, with a good number of miles on me now, I am rather thankful. I've enough lumps and bumps from other critters w/o the additions a wild zebra no doubt would have supplied.


Zebra's are well known for being "good" biters...To me their teeth look much longer than horses teeth . Having been chowed down upon , a couple of times with horses teeth . I've decided I'm quite content to warm my footsies,with a bit of their faux hide, while letting many fond and pleasant memories troop across the stage of my mind...........ahhh, now where is a nice cup of cocoa.......... Why not try stopping whatever you are doing, for just a minute or two and think of something warming to your heart..........one can always find a moment for good thoughts.....if you can't you especially need to....










No comments: