Monday, November 5, 2007

HOT DOG











HOT DOG
I was reminded today of enjoying life, even in simple pleasures or pursuits. The day stated off simple enough, everyone fed and tended, even little miss Angelina Ballerina,who several days ago had twirled herself into a piece of innocent twine, until she was firmly entrapped. Did you know Alpaca fiber is not only very soft, it is very STRONG ??? Those few strands of her fleece, were so entangled with that tiny little piece of baling twine, I thought I'd never get her loose( it was the end of a piece tied to hold a fence panel out of the way) Baby alpacas do not like to hold still while you are untangling them. Especially when, as granddaughter would say , it is ouchie...YIKES...


Well "we" did get her loose. Roo,Katie,Casper and several kittens all thought, THEY had done a remarkable job...

Now ,no more pirouettes...little ballerina !!!!

YAY for ARNICA

Thankfully several days before I had purchased a tube of Arnica. One of my daughters had told me how well it worked for bruises. I thought I'd buy some ,to keep on hand to give it a try (good thing I did , as it turned out). I put the Arnica on little missy twice a day....and her very sore and angry looking ouchie was looking much better this morning, good thing ,as I was leaving later and thus, hubby gets to be the "game" warden for a few days while I help out with grandkids....I left the poor guy with an ouchie alpaca who needs Arnica applied twice daily and Angel, who had just arrived to stay with us for two weeks ,while her family is in Hawaii, (a long overdue vacation,for a family we became friends with, over a little black puppy.





Who is Angel? A gorgeous black Shepherd who we purchased a a darling puppy, two years ago . I spent almost a year working on show obedience training with her as I was planning to work on getting her CD . For some unapparent reason, she began to do in some of our exotic wildfowl. Since the original breeder's husband had hoped no one would purchase her, we offered her back to them. She is a beautiful dog and it will be fun to have her for a visit.( Albeit closely supervised around any small critters )

Now what has this all to do with hot dog ???

Remembering to enjoy each day , as we never know what each day will hold....

after leaving the 'gang" and driving to my daughter's home , several hours away. I ended up following two bikers. As we travelled along down a back country road, I noticed the larger biker was always behind, and I thought perhaps it was a Dad and a kid or perhaps a a boyfriend and girlfriend. The front biker was very straight forward and kept an even pace and never wavered in "his/her" biking, the following biker, I at first I thought he was having difficulties, then I got to noticing, he would lag behind and was wobbling , then I realized he wasn't wobbling he was "feeling" the road" if you will. Then he lagged way behind and all of a sudden he did a Wheelie. !!!..He was hot doggin' ...and I realized he was really having fun riding his bike... while I can't say it was a good thing to do on a road in front of a car, I was reminded how we each approach life, we're all different and each approach has consequences.


We can be obedient, and then perhaps lose our place if we choose to do out "own" thing like Angel chasing "chickens". We can get in a real fix if we don't watch where we twirl, like Angelina

Or like the biker we can enjoy to the full extent ,what life has for us in in joyous abandonment and face the winds of life with confidence...when we know who holds not only tomorrow in His hands, but each and every minute of the day....

So the next time you go shopping, look for a tube of Arnica, let the wind blow in your face, do something with real enjoyment....and

you too can say HOT DOG




No comments: