Sunday, May 23, 2010

Diversion NOT avoidance, why don't we change & National Saltwater Taffy Day

It is officially National Salt Water Taffy day...
My computer was so VERY sick it had to be "life flighted"

MAMA..it cried..(the motherboard is so bad it  needed a transfusion)
 I am choosing to view this as a  reminder of how essential women (and us MOMS,even biz minded farm funnies ones :-) are so essential in all area's of life, us ol gal's can and do change :-)

I also have to come realize..sometimes a diversion, NOT avoidance , can be a good thing
Thus this a.m. I reasoned w/o my  computer,  (well , after all this loaner KNOWS..nothing...)
I would have the resident farmfunnies hero..(akka hubby..)
set the downloaded harddrive, or  whatever into  motion to install onto  my loaner laptop, since it will be weeks and weeks before my computer can come home.
And because I can.. go and  enjoy National Saltwater Taffy Day.

Steps to enjoy National Saltwater Taffy Day...
#1 if you are currently on a health regieme for a particular reason
     or doing a program like our 5 &1 to lose weight.. stay right where you are...
     i.e. continue with what you have committed to do ( don't  step off the path for "just" a day)
#2 if you are at your goal and especially if you have a bunch of kids around.. make a batch of TAFFY
      ahem...a  small  farm funnies "soapbox" here..
      with a little demographic lesson...we ( AMERICA) NEED more than
      1.2 kids"replacement" per family, the proponents of "small" families are WRONG,  scary stuff
       out there with demographic info....( another soapbox, sigh)
#3   reframing...when you have obstacles (sick computers), turn them into challenges to solve, or into
       solutions and  if possible..even FUN.... that is why I am not avoiding , I amd DIVERTING..
       I have decided to have some FUN with farm funnies hubby  on  National Salt Water Taffy day
       YAY
#4   Look at what you have facing you right now...finacial,health,squabbling kids, (sick computers)
       whatever, "obstacles"...then look for the silver lining. ( TAFFY?, not that I am a proponent for   
       letting food , EVER solve a problem or even be a comfort...(watch the video and see why)
#5   REALLY...watch the video link below...let the questions be meant just for you..make a decision to
       BE who you REALLY are..
      the video is approxamately an hour. I'm sure.you will not regret this time
      then make that Taffy ( or, at least  say next year AT my goal I will...)

video : oh I apologize, the various links are broken and hubby has his "chariot" awaiting 
      I will find it and share next time...
     in the meantime... I do want you to know about National Saltwater Taffy Day...
      
p.s. I will share my fantastic  Salt Water Taffy with anyone who requests it.
       ( betty@bettyframesuccess4u.com

extra p.s. I will be so glad when I have my computer back up..I miss sharing my photo's with my posts...arghh

     

No comments: