Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ahhh...homemade Bath Fizzie..nice Christmas gift

Tomorrow,tomorrow, is only a day away...
well it was rather busy hear on the farm so my "tomorrow" promise for bath fizzie's was detained.

Here it is...I hope to make mine today too.

Bath snowball (my version)
1- 11/2 cups of epson s
(to create a total of 2 cups ,I use mineral sea salts for the rest
(these are a tad spendy ,so for mine I used a half off coupon at JoAnn's fabric)
1 cup of baking soda
2Tbsp of essetial oils add 1 drop ata time
few drops of food color
pack into round ball type molds,let dry 2-3 days.

Bath Fizzies
1/2 cup of citric acid (I finally found this at a pump "store",when our well pump "kicked" the bucket this last summer, I've searched for this for over a year,suppose you could google it, I just never got around to google this item,as I thought it could be found locally)
3/4 cups of corn starch (both items can be purchased in bulk
at winco stores, sift these 2 ingredients together
1/4 cup of sugar, stir this into the above mixture
place 3-6 drops of food color
into 10-15 drops of essential oil ,place these last 2 ingredients into a spritzer bottle
spray gently and lightly onto your salt/mixture ( or it will fizz) until your mixture is damp
(I can't find my recipe,if memory serves me correctly it seems the oil and color was added to 1 cup of water that was placed in your spritzer bottle, this will work,but might dilute your concentration of oil/color ,so you could try 1/2 c of water 1st..remember to spray lightly until the mixture is damp, if 1/2 cup or 1 cup of water isn't enough to dampen just repeat this part)
pack the mixture firmly into molds or an ice cube tray (rubber) let dry out
viola' pop them out
for gift giving ,place the fizzies in a clear glass or plastic jar with tight lid

enjoy

No comments: