Thursday, April 3, 2008

Heart healthy Brownie...contains oatmeal


Yes. these are yummy...........trust me many teenagers devoured them over the years, they were a hot "ticket" when taken to potlucks, given as treats on goodie trays, used in bake sales...

This is for Pam....:-) I promised my brownie recipe for you to make for your kiddo's..........

now here is the DEAL....since I am your health advisor/coach...this of course means you are not allowed even a nibble....you are on your way to one hot kayaker, this summer, so here's for our 5&1 until you reach your goal :-)............................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BROWNIES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1/2 cup of BUTTER. melted....lets support those lovely bovine and get the REAL DEAL
(umm is my dairy 4-h leader training a showin' ???)

2 sqs of baking chocolate....( I never seemed to have any on had out here in the "out back" wilds

so here's what I always used 3 TBSP of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa

you could get it in a huge bag at Costco, and of course no one ate this

plain, so I generally could keep this on hand....and 1 TBSP

BUTTER per sq of chocolate. I would melt these together

1 cup of sugar...stir in

2 eggs ( out side aren't they ?????) beat in 1 at x

1 TBSP of vanilla

1/2 cup of flour (mix the dry ingred together then add)

1/2 tsp of baking powder....I only use rumford, w/o aluminum

1/4 tsp of salt ....I use sea salt

3/4 cup of rolled oats, I always used the old-fashioned kind and had always thought this would be great if one processed the oats..just never got around to trying this extra step.....

1/2 cup nut ..since my "clan'"always asserted the cook was nutty enough ,they never wanted nuts added,this is up to you


mix and spread in a greased 9x12 .........350o preheated oven for 25 min


while still warm spread a frosting on


frosting......


1 cup pwd sug

3 TBSP melted BUTTER

3 TBSP Hershey's baking cocoa

1-2 TBSP milk

1 TBSP corn syrup


enjoy ....................................yummmm.................................................................


wahoo....as a health coach I noticed with our great 5&1 secrets I didn't even gain a lb writing with

CHOCOLATE letters, remembering the heavenly aroma,of years gone past when the memories of our busy "kid" years kept the oven door a flying.....nor when I checked out the conversion

on the cocoa box....isn't it great to KNOW what we KNOW now ????? go Pam, have fun


of course ,this goes for anyone else reading this :-) ...............................


this farm granny...and health coach better head outdoors and do a critter check....phone in my pocket waiting to hear from you !!!!!!


No comments: